This has got to be one of my all-time favourite breakfasts! Who doesn’t love pancakes with the added bonus of them being filled with nothing but healthy goodness?!
Makes: 4 pancakes
1 ripe banana
1 whole egg+ 1 egg white
1 tab of almond meal/ wholemeal flour
1 tab flaxseed
2 tsp teff seed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tab low-fat milk
½ cup of mixed berries/ banana/ fruit of choice
2 tabs low-fat greek yoghurt
2 tsp chia seeds
Add 1 cap of protein of choice
- Process banana, eggs, milk, almond meal/flour, flaxseed, teff seed and cinnamon in a nutribullet. You can do this by hand by mashing the banana and combining the ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat pan on medium heat for about 2 minutes. I used a non-stick pan, but you can use extra-virgin olive oil spray on the pan if necessary to ensure pancakes don’t stick.
- Pour mix onto pan into 4 pancakes. Cook until edges begin to bubble and flip. Repeat on the other side, ensuring mix is cooked through. Ensure pan isn’t too hot, as pancakes will burn
- Heat frozen mixed berries up in the microwave for about 30 seconds and mix, making a nice warm healthy berry coulis.
- Top pancakes with yoghurt, berries (or other fruit) and chia seeds. Serve warm!