1 word… YUM! These brownies tasted so incredibly yummy and were filled with nothing but healthy ingredients! A great dessert to share with the family without all of the guilt 😛
1 sweet potato
1 banana, ripe
3 eggs, beaten
¼ cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of pure maple syrup/ honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tablespoons of wholemeal flour/flaxseed/almond meal
3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Dark chocolate chips (optional)
Makes- 20 brownies
Time- 1 hour
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and dice sweet potato into small pieces. Place in a bowl with a small bit of water and into the microwave for 8 minutes or until soft.
- Mash sweet potato and banana until smooth. You can do this by hand or in a food processor.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and combine (eggs, olive oil, maple syrup/honey, vanilla essence).
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined into a smooth texture (flour/flaxseed/almond meal, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt and choc chips (if adding).
- Place mix into a brownie tray and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool then eat away 🙂